Saskatory

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Dud of a Debate

Like this election, the debate wasn't too exciting. There weren't really any explosive moments or revelations. I don't think any party really capitalized on swaying the undecided voters to their side.

Wall did not seem his usual, charming, charismatic self. He was much more serious and methodical in his approach. I think this was probably the safe approach for him, as he prevented himself from getting into trouble and came off as a statesman.

For all the complaining I do about Calvert I must admit that I was impressed by him tonight. He did much better than I thought. He by no means won the debate but he didn't crumble like I thought he might. However, I do think you could tell he knows he has lost this election and he is paining the loss.

Karwacki was aggressive and attention-grabbing. At the same time, he was a little absurd. I guess that pretty much describes an opposition leader though. After all, Karwacki is just hoping he wins a couple of seats to sit in the legislature.

I'd say that Karwacki garnered the most attention, Wall was slightly boring for those of us who have seen him speak on numerous occasions, and Calvert held his ground. That said, no one won the debate.

Contrary to what most people are saying in the Saskatchewan election blogosphere, I liked the debate format. I think it provided the opportunity for exciting and controversial debate. I mean, can you imagine how boring it would have been if the leaders had to be more restrained?

2 Comments:

  • I agree, I would never vote for Calvert and his backward policies and government, but he clearly won the 'debate', lock, stock, and barrel.

    What a waste of my hour watching it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:47 PM  

  • I don't know if I entirely agree that he won. He didn't lose and he should view that as an accomplishment.

    By Blogger Saskatory, at 8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home