Saskatory

Monday, October 29, 2007

Election Incredibly Boring

I think this is one of the least exciting elections I've ever seen. While some might contend that politics isn't all that interesting to begin with, I am a self-confessed political geek. In particular, I love elections and political behaviour so much that I would as far as to get my MA in it.

Despite my penchant for politics and elections, I have been thoroughly bored in the past few days by this election. By this point, we've heard what the Sask Party will do, we've heard the lame ideas of the NDP, and everyone has ignored whatever the Liberals might have said. We're now at the point where the NDP insists on painting Brad Wall and his team as a threat to the social fabric of the province. Personally I think it is hurting them more than helping them because they're coming off as desperate. One can hope that tomorrow's debate stirs things up and that the items up for debate can carry over into the public discourse. Otherwise, November 7th won't come soon enough.

5 Comments:

  • It has been lame hasn't it? I am just deathly afraid of the Sask Newspapers poll indicating 20% of voters are undecided. Wasn't that a similar number last election when the SP was supposed to win?
    I am afraid that Lame Lorne's scare tactics aimed at the grandma in the old folks home, ittle johnny on the reserve who still wants his $, AND EVERY UNION SLOTH OUT THERE could be swung to again vote communist and keep lorne in power. Thoughts?
    please tell me this can't happen again!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:33 PM  

  • I agree it's been boring, but interesting in its own way. I also agree that the NDP tactics this time around smack of desperation. They are the same tactics used in the last campaign, the only problem for them is that last campaign they had a full 25 days to shove Elwin's foot further into his mouth, whereas Brad hasn't made any real mistakes. Long story short, we'll wake up to a new Premier on November 8th, and if what I've heard from Calgary is true, a well led SK Party government will be ruling for a generation.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:39 PM  

  • Andrew, what did you hear in Calgary? i am curious to know

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:05 PM  

  • I don't think all or most of the undecided voters will swing to the NDP. I think a lot of the those who responded as "undecided" are simply not going to vote. After all, roughly 25 to 30% of people aren't going to vote - we know that. It is more socially acceptable to say they are undecided than that they are uninformed and uneducated - those that typically don't vote.

    Of the rest of the undecideds, it'll likely break down proportional to those that have already responded.

    Add to that the fact that some undecided voters will want to see the leaders debate. I am quite confident that Wall's impressive public speaking skills will outshine those of Lorne as he drones on. Wall will pick up support after tomorrow's debate. That I'm sure of.

    By Blogger Saskatory, at 10:17 PM  

  • Agreed about the debate. Only so long Lorne can yap about he crowns discussion. If Wall wanted to drop a hammer on the NDP, i'd love to hear hims ask Lorne " Why are you asking me about the crowns? I have said it over and over, we will NOT sell the crowns. WHY ARE YOU BEATING A DEAD HORSE?"
    I'd just love to see him nail him with acomment like that. Ballsy, but totally on point

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home